Thinking of buying an eco-friendly water system for home?
Then, Nuvo H2O water softeners can be the right choice for you.
But not sure if it’s the right water softening unit for you?
If you’re thinking so, you’ve landed in the right place.
In this Nuvo H2O water softener reviews, you’ll find an in-depth look at the three best no salt water softeners in the Nuvo H2O line.
We aim to help you find out which Nuvo H2O model is best for you by giving you the most detailed information possible.
Overall, these are some pretty fantastic salt-less water softening systems that offer a lot of nice perks in a compact size.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
This chart will help you to decide quickly, depending on your needs.
- Nuvo H2O Home, DPHB: Flow rate 12 to 15 GPM, Capacity- 20 000 gallons
- Nuvo H2O Manor, DPMB: 18, 2000, 50 000 gallons
- Nuvo H2O Studio, DPSB: 15, 1000, 10 000 gallons
About the Brand Nuvo
This company was established in 2009 and headquarter is in Utah. They first started their experiment in Utah with salt-less water softeners. The NuvoH2O is one of the most excellent salt-free water softening systems available today. This product line is a leader in salt-less, eco-friendly water softening systems. These citric acid water softeners are currently available for residential locations.
These products are three of the best in the industry that not only has received recognition for providing healthy, safe water but also for being stylish and user-friendly.
How it Works
NuvoH2O has developed a revolutionary salt-less technology to soften hard water. The system removes neither magnesium nor calcium.
Instead, the amazingly compact unit uses revolutionary citric acid-based Citracharge® Cell technology to condition all the water throughout your entire home. In this scientific process, a chelating agent, citric acid is added to bind the hard water ions.
The FDA-approved proprietary formulation of patented citric acid cartridge works like magic to lower the pH level of water. And the resulting water is salt-free, tasty, softened and healthy for all of your household uses.
So, How These 3 NUVO H2O Water Softener Systems Are Different?
Below, we’ll review each model and point out how each one is different.
Hope, this section will give you a clear idea of which model you should consider.
1. Nuvo H2O DPHB Home Water Softener System Review
Specs at a Glance
- Size: 5″ x 24″
- Weighs: 8 pounds
- Replacement cartridge size: 2″ x 20″
- Flow rate: 12 to 15 GPM
Best for: Nuvo H2O DPHB is ideal for homes 1,000-2,000 square feet. If you have a family with two to three members, this unit will work flawlessly.
Capacity: The unit can soften approximately 20,000 gallons of hard water per cartridge (1st one comes with the package).
DPHB is a pretty basic water softener. It offers you several advantages. Moreover, the effect on water is of the highest standard.
Of course, the 12 to 15 GPM is undoubtedly a pretty good flow rate and it won’t slow down your household water flow. At this flow rate, you can run a washing machine, dishwasher, two faucets, and two showers. At the same time, you can also water your lawn without experiencing a single drop in water pressure.
Although its cartridge length is somewhat unusual (20-inch), the overall dimensions of the unit are very modest. And due to its super compact size, you can install it in tight spaces.
The only downside of this model is its smaller cartridge size that you may need to replace after every 20,000 gallons or based on how large your household is.
2. Nuvo H2O DPMB Manor Water Softener System Review
Specs at a Glance
- Size: 8″ x 26″
- Weighs: 20.3 pounds
- Replacement cartridge size: 4″ x 20″
- Flow rate: 18 GPM
Nuvo H2O Manor system is ideal for homes over 2,000 square feet. If you have a family with four or more members, this unit will work flawlessly
Capacity: The unit can soften approximately 50,000 gallons of hard water per cartridge (1st one comes with the package).
This is an innovative salt-free water softener that ideal for medium-sized families who are looking for a compact designed, easy to run system.
The 18 gallons per minute flow rate is more than adequate even for busy, large families.
This system measures 8 x29-inch and weighs approximately 20 pounds that means it’s heavier than the other two models. Moreover, it comes with 1.5-inch ports.
The only downside is that it costs more than others listed on this page. But if you can afford it, we suggest you invest in this water softener.
3. NUVO H2O DPSB Studio Water Softener System Review
Specs at a Glance
- Size: 7.3″ x 7.5″
- Weights: 0.16 ounces
- Replacement cartridge size: 2″ x 10″
- Flow rate: 15 GPM
Nuvo H2O DPSB is ideal for small apartments & RV’s with one member and up to 1,000 square feet.
Capacity: The unit can soften approximately 10,000 gallons of hard water per cartridge (1st one comes with the package).
This is another NuvoH2O water softener that continues to show up on lists for the top water softening system. This “Studio” version is a new model and great for single-person households only or Rv’s.
If your water usage is low and your house doesn’t have more than one bathroom, this apartment size water softener will work great.
Note that Nuvo Studio system supplies water 15 gallons per minute in 1-inch ports, and maximum allowed pressure is 100 psi.
The only negative aspect of this unit is the price which is quite high for such a small unit. Other than that, it’s the best value salt-less water softener you can get.
- NUVO H2O saltless water softening system effectively prevents mineral build-up on water heater and other water-based appliances and plumbing.
- Additionally, these are the only water softening system that raises the pH of the water to reduce the chance of mineral build-up further. That means it also eliminates the existing scale and adds up to 30% to the life of appliances and plumbing. Moreover, these cost a maximum of 80% less than any salt-based water softeners.
- They require no electricity and produce no wastewater. Hence, they’re reliable, dependable, eco-friendly and cost-effective.
- Another positive aspect is its single-tank design. So, these models do not require a second tank for mixing brine.
- Finally, they don’t change the taste of drinking water like salt-based water softening systems.
When it comes to installation, it’s a simplistic one. Keep in mind that the over-tightening of the fitting may cause the system to fail. The package comes with everything that you may need to mount the unit. Of course, you’ll need to check the diameter of your pipes.
The Nuvo DPHB includes inlets that are 1-inch of diameter whereas Nuvo DPMB has installation ports for pipes sized 1.5”.
So, if your supply line diameter is smaller or larger, you’ll need to use proper adapters to connect this model.
What’s included: operator manual, a mounting backplate, a housing wrench, a mounting bracket and screws for easy installation.
All of the modes of the H2O system comes with the same 5-year warranty. You’ll also get a 90-day money-back guarantee that makes is a risk-free purchase. Keep in mind that the warranty is valid only if you don’t install it in an uncovered outdoor location or direct sunlight.
PROS and CONS
Regardless of the NuvoH2O model that you’re considering, these are the common advantages and downsides you’ll find for each product.
- Ideal for softening municipal water
- Lower pH level of water
- Lightweight, space-saving, compact design
- Prevents scale from forming and reduces the existing scale
- Reduce heating costs and extends appliances and fixtures lifespan
- FDA and NSF approved
- Easy to maintain
- Effective and convenient
- Not designed to handle high temperatures. And the warranty won’t cover the damage due to high temperatures.
- Not recommended for homes with a private well, wood-fired boiler applications and closed-loop recirculation systems
- NuvoH2O conditioners are ineffective if your water has a pH-level of 7.2 or lower.
- it doesn’t deal with iron and water with a hardness level of over 10 GPG.
- The cost of cartridge replacement will add up, but it’s something else to consider.
This NuvoH2O product line-up is very promising. As you saw throughout this review, all of the water softeners are practically the same. The only differences are the capacity and the price.
If you need a simple hard water solution with great tasting drinking water and your household has space limit, any of these models from Nuvo water softener is exactly what you’re looking for.
For green consumers, these three unrivalled models are environmentally friendly way to soften hard water.
We hope that our Nuvo H2O water softener reviews have helped you discover which one would be best for your needs at home.
Start enjoying tasty, soft water today!