Are you thinking about buying the best frameless shower doors, but having a hard time trying to figure out which one to get?
If YES, we know how you feel.
It’s actually a bit more complicated to choose from hundreds of options.
We’ve studied more than 100 frameless shower doors and finally have narrowed them down to the 10 best. Each one of these frameless shower doors has proven an excellent addition to your bathroom arsenal.
So, it’s high time to go for the best frameless glass shower doors reviews.
- A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
- Here Are the Best Frameless Shower Doors in 2022
- 1. Best Frameless sliding shower door – WOODBRIDGE MBSDC6076-B
- 2. Best for the money- VIGO VG6041CHCL6074 Elan
- 3. Best fully frameless design- DreamLine Enigma-X SHDR-61607610-07
- 4. Best Frameless Bypass Sliding Shower Doors- SUNNY SHOWER B020
- 5. Best for the price- Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Sliding Glass Door 3500-60RNOR
- 6. Best Frameless Hinged Tub Door – DreamLine Aqua Uno SHDR-3534586-01
- 7. Best Frameless pivot Hinged Tub Door – Mecor
- 8. Best Semi-frameless Bypass Sliding Shower Door- ELEGANT
- 9. Best Appearance Shower Door – SUNNY SHOWER BP05P2
- 10. Best single panel pivot shower door- DreamLine Elegance Frameless Pivot SHDR-4134720-01
- Frameless Shower Doors – Buying Guide
- What Are Frameless Shower Doors?
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
In a hurry? Here’s a glimpse of the best frameless glass shower door you can get.
- Best Frameless Sliding Shower Door: WOODBRIDGE MBSDC6076-B: A durable frameless sliding glass shower door that is easy to clean, water spot resistant, rust and scratch-resistant, and slides with ease, smoothly and quietly.
- Best for the Money: VIGO VG6041CHCL6074 Elan: With clear strips and a full-length side, this door is leak-proof, durable, reliable thanks to the high-quality tempered glass, eye-catching, and offers built-in adjustability due to the RollerDisk technology.
- Best Fully Frameless Design: Dreamline Enigma-X SHDR-61607610-07: A modern, fully frameless shower door with ANSI-certified clear tempered glass, striking stainless steel components, water repellant, and stain-resistant coating that gives it a classy look.
- Best Frameless Bypass Sliding Shower Doors: SUNNY SHOWER B020: With a simple but modern design, this door comes with 1/4” thick ANSI certified tempered glass, a bypass system for maximum flexibility, offers adjustable installation, is cost-effective, and highly functional.
- Best Budget: Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Sliding Glass Door 3500-60RNOR: This shower door comes in a semi-frameless design, is extremely durable thanks to the 3/16” thick glass, has vinyl bumpers that hold it securely in place, and a safety T-lock that holds the header in place.
- Best Frameless Hinged Tub Door: Dreamline Aqua Uno SHDR-3534586-01: A single panel swing door featuring ¼-inch clear tempered glass, heavy-duty towel bar handle and hinges, premium craftsmanship, and limited lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- Best Frameless Pivot Hinged Tub Door: Mecor Glass Bathtub Door: A pivot hinged tub door with durable 6mm safety clear tempered glass, high-quality chrome finish, comes with shower screen seal, and is easy to clean and assemble.
- Best Semi-Frameless Bypass Sliding Shower Door: ELEGANT B020-6072CC DOUBLE SLIDING GLASS SHOWER DOOR: An elegantly designed shower door with a 6mm clear tempered glass, full-length clear vinyl door seals, premium aluminum hardware material, and a quality stainless steel glass clamp and roller.
- Best Appearance Shower Door: SUNNY SHOWER BP05P2: This fully frameless shower door features a large eccentric wheel for smooth and quiet gliding,3/8 inch tempered clear glass, a high-quality seal strip, and a positioner with a rubber ring that prevents collision.
- Best Single Panel Pivot Shower Door: DreamLine Elegance Frameless Pivot SHDR-413720-01: Constructed with 3/8 inch thick clear tempered glass, anodized aluminum hardware, solid brass closing pivot, and a bronze finish, this durable door looks classy and matches any bathroom décor.
Here Are the Best Frameless Shower Doors in 2022
1. Best Frameless sliding shower door – WOODBRIDGE MBSDC6076-B
Our first frameless shower door is this popular item by WOODBRIDGE.
Woodbridge frameless sliding glass shower door will make your shower enclosure and bathroom more bright and modern. The clean and sleek look will complement different styles of bathroom.
So, what’s the point of investing in this door?
Well, let’s see.
This glass door comes with ANSI certified 10mm thick tempered safety glass. It’s easy to clean and also water spot resistant. The anti-splash threshold feature of the glass prevents water spill.
The large solid stainless steel roller lets you slide the door effortlessly, smoothly and quietly. The shower door pull-hand is convenient to slide it gently.
What’s more, the door offers the convenient reversible installation, so you can slide it to the right or the left. You can trim up the stainless steel top guide up to 4-inch for width adjustment.
Importantly, its stainless steel construction hardware is chip-, rust, and scratch resistant. So, it’ll maintain its high gloss years to come.
Finally, this frameless door is undoubtedly built to last, coming with a Lifetime warranty on glass components. You must also appreciate its two years warranty on hardware components, one year warranty on vinyl components which is pretty rare to see.
It comes with hardware parts box & step-by-step instructions guide.
- Frameless, reversible design
- Smooth door closing and opening
- Stainless steel construction hardware
- Easy to clean & maintain
- Hard water stain resistant
- Tricky installation
2. Best for the money- VIGO VG6041CHCL6074 Elan
This sliding frameless shower door from Vigo provides the ultimate in contemporary design for your bathroom. VIGO is one of the fastest growing manufacturers and a market leader for manufacturing luxury kitchen and bath products where exceptional design meets durability.
VIGO’s shower door is crafted with reliable and durable, high-quality tempered glass. This glass is spots-, fingerprints-, and hard water stains- resistant. The eye-catching oversized round roller disk sliding system gives it a look of modern sophistication.
This door offers you the right- or left installation options according to your preference. The shower door clear seal strips and full-length side ensures the door will remain leak proof between wall and glass door or fixed panel
The 304-series stainless steel hardware ensures that the door won’t chip, rust or scratch over time. It features solid brass made sleek door handle that is mounted on pre-drilled glass.
The RollerDisk technology offers the built-in adjustability to provide the best fit in your space. It makes the installation easy and also ensures that your door will remain functional for years to come.
Finally, the ANSI Z97.1 certification of this door ensures that it’ll withstand weight and resistance to damage.
- High-end design
- Easy-to-use adjustable hardware
- Built to be adaptable
- Built to last
- Smooth door opening and closing
3. Best fully frameless design- DreamLine Enigma-X SHDR-61607610-07
Here’s a well-reviewed, sliding glass shower door from DreamLine, the trusted Shower Door Solution Expert. DreamLine. Enigma-X is a modern and fully frameless designed shower door that will bring an open and spacious feeling in your bathroom.
Enigma-X 3/8- inch (10mm) ANSI certified clear tempered glass virtually fits any shower space. The exclusive Dreamline ClearMax of the glass ensures easy maintenance and superior protection. This coating prevents water stains/spots and harsh build-up
Additionally, it comes with striking stainless steel component that delivers a perfect mix of cool urban style and exceptional quality. The top guide bar is made of stainless steel which you can trim up to 4-inch for width adjustment.
The door offers reversible installation for a left or right access. It also features a large wheel assembly that ensures effortless sliding of the door.
- Engineered and designed in the USA
- Very Classy look
- Water repellant and stain resistant coating
- Industry-leading limited lifetime warranty
- Anti-splash threshold
- No adjustment for width or out-of-plumb (uneven walls)
4. Best Frameless Bypass Sliding Shower Doors- SUNNY SHOWER B020
SUNNY SHOWER B020 sliding door will create a comfortable, essential, and firmer bathing space which ingeniously combines shower functions with style. The simple but modern design, along with the streamlined appearance will compliment your bathroom decors.
It comes with 1/4″ thick ANSI certified clear tempered glass that gives you safe use guarantee. The bypass system of this door offers the maximum flexibility to you. This bypass system allows entry to the shower from the right or left. It also makes the door cost-effective and low maintenance.
The door offers reversible installation for a right or left access to your shower space. Additionally, you can trim up the top and bottom guide rails up to 4-inch to fit your size. The matching rollers ensure a quiet, smooth gliding operation on the aluminum guide rails.
- Simple modern design
- Functional and flexible
- Great quality fit and finish
- Low maintenance and cost-effective
- Poor installation instruction
5. Best for the price- Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Sliding Glass Door 3500-60RNOR
“Exceptional craftsmanship, Handcrafted in the USA”
This door with its beautiful clear glass creates an inviting, open look that highlights your enclosure’s interior and your shower as the centerpiece of your bathroom.
The semi-frameless design makes the illusion of suspended glass and minimalist look. The safety tempered 3/16-inch thick glass makes the door exceptionally durable.
The vinyl bumpers hold glass securely and safely in place. Moreover, the header has a traditional look. Importantly it contains safety T-lock which holds the header securely in place.
The hardware comes with an oil-rubbed bronze finish that offers an antique and elegant look. Of course, the components are protective against fading and corrosion that helps preserve your door’s shine and luster for years to come.
The effortless, smooth sliding mechanism from both the panel sides offers you seamless access to your shower. Additionally, one panel features a pull handle which is located inside the panel. It allows you to operate the door while you’re showering. The other panel comes with a handy towel bar that let you hang towels and clothing.
One of the advantages of this door is it comes equipped with the gently slopped track that prevents dirt build up.
The door is available in AquaGlideXP clear glass, obscure glass and rain glass. The finishes are also available in brushed nickel and silver, and are designed to complement contemporary faucet, showerhead and bath hardware attractively.
- Exceptional craftsmanship
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Highly leak proof
- Easy to install
- Nothing found
6. Best Frameless Hinged Tub Door – DreamLine Aqua Uno SHDR-3534586-01
“Excellent Choice for a Smaller Bathroom”
Looking for the best door solution for your bathtub? Then, this frameless bathtub door from DreamLine can be a good option for you. It’s an excellent choice for a smaller bathroom where sliding door doesn’t work.
For those who don’t know, DreamLine is industry- recognized for innovation and design.
This door blends a fresh, modern look with a revolutionary frameless curved glass design for an excellent value. It delivers an exquisite custom glass look.
This Single Panel Swing Door features ¼-inch clear tempered glass. It’s only perfect for installation on straight bathtub. And it’s reversible for left or right wall installation to fit your specific layout.
The component of the towel bar handle and the hinges are heavy-duty and beautiful. The seals are also of high quality. This door is available with optional extender or return panel configuration.
Overall, this DreamLine bathtub door is a great shower door for the price.
- Premium craftsmanship
- Built to last
- Very easy to install
- Very well-functioning shower panel
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- Excellent customer service
- NO adjustment for width or out-of-plumb walls
- Not suitable for installation on curved bathtub
7. Best Frameless pivot Hinged Tub Door – Mecor
“Frameless Curved Glass Design and High-Quality Chrome Finish”
Here is another excellent frameless tub door for the smaller bathroom. This model from Mecor is also one of the best cheap shower doors for tub.
Mecor pivot tub door comes with high-quality 6mm safety clear tempered glass. The frameless curved glass design and high-quality chrome finish pivot hinges provide stability and safety.
You can fit this door left or right-hand side. The 180-degree continuous self-centering pivot radius offers you easy to access and exit of the shower.
It also includes a shower screen seal. Furthermore, the rubber strip design directs water back into the shower keeping your bathroom clean and tidy always.
This door is also available with a convenient stainless steel towel rail on the outside panel. Overall, it’s a beautiful hinged tub door, and you can’t beat the price.
- Easy to assemble, no tools needed
- Universal Fittings
- High-Quality Safety Clear Glass
- High-Quality Chrome
- Easy to clean
- Easy to access and exit
- Poor instructions
8. Best Semi-frameless Bypass Sliding Shower Door- ELEGANT
Desire the contemporary look of a frameless enclosure, but you’re on layout limitations? Then this semi-frameless shower door from Elegant Home Supply can be an excellent choice for you.
To impart a sleek, streamlined look Elegant sliding shower door is second to none. The simple and elegant design of this door will give your bathroom a luxurious and stylish look.
The ANSI certified 6mm clear tempered glass comes with full-length clear vinyl door seals that make no leakage. That means your bathroom will always remain clean and tidy.
The exterior door handle is very convenient that provides a place to hang clothes and towels. What’s more, the prime aluminum hardware material resists daily scratches. Of course, it’s corrosion and rust resistant.
The door features high-quality stainless steel glass clamp and sliding roller. The polished frameless shower glass panel looks elegant and scratch resistant.
Furthermore, the door comes with a generous 5-year warranty for extra peace of mind.
- Certified tempered clear glass
- Adjustable Installation width
- Beautiful and durable
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean
- Nothing found
9. Best Appearance Shower Door – SUNNY SHOWER BP05P2
“Fully Frameless, Minimalistic Design Boosts the Bathing Trend.”
SUNNY SHOWER BP05P2 is the best choice for the fashion icon. This fully frameless door with its unique appearance will make your bathroom bright and more modern.
The 3/8 in. thick ANSI certified tempered clear glass enhances the whole shower door safety factor. The stainless steel all components also guarantee its durability and stability, corrosion and rusting resistance.
The door has a large eccentric wheel on the upper guide rails that ensures smooth and quiet gliding operation. The specially designed rollers also make the door opening and closing effortless and smooth. The shower door pull-hand is convenient to slide the door easily.
It also comes with the function of the subtlety adjusting the levelness of the glass. Additionally, there is positioner with the rubber ring that helps to avoid collision and reduce wear.
Its seal strip is of high-quality that prevents water from leaking out making your bathroom outside clean and dry.
- Thick heavy duty glass
- Exceptional quality
- Rust and corrosion resistance hardware
- Very heavy glass, requires 2 people to fit
10. Best single panel pivot shower door- DreamLine Elegance Frameless Pivot SHDR-4134720-01
“The Focal Point of Your Bathroom”
Our final pick is this Elegance Frameless Pivot Shower Doo, one of the best DreamLine shower doors.
The single panel pivot door features a modern frameless design that enhances the open feeling to your small shower space.
The elegance is constructed with premium quality 3/8 inch thick ANSI certified clear tempered glass, solid brass closing pivot and anodized aluminum hardware.
The glass features premium ClearMax protective coating. This factory applied proprietary coating is water repellant and stain resistant. It also prevents limescale buildup.
The Elegance lets you turn your imperfect bathroom walls into a perfect shower space. Specially designed innovative wall profiles provide up to 1-inch adjustment on each side. It offers reversible installation for left or right door entry.
The contemporary double-sided handle adds style and comfort. It’s available in chrome, brushed nickel, and oil rubbed bronze finish that will incredibly match with any bathroom décor.
To sum up, it’s a really high-quality door for the price.
- Looks very high end
- Superior protection from stains
- Nearly maintenance-free
- Easy to install
- No water leaking issue
- Build to last
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- Plastic water strips on the glass profiles
Frameless Shower Doors – Buying Guide
So, are you ready to purchase your shower door?
Not all frameless doors will be perfect for you. Before buying a frameless shower door, there are some very basic things you should consider.
Size of the door
The first thing you should consider is the size of the door. There is nothing worse than getting everything prepared for frameless shower door installation and buying one but it doesn’t fit.
To get a perfect fit, measure the opening space accurately. When measuring the opening, make sure that you do so after you’ve installed the tiles and finished the decoration.
For irregularly sized openings, sliding shower doors are a great option that you can adjust to fit.
It’s another important factor. You need to choose the glass carefully, especially if you opt for a frameless sliding shower door. The most popular option is tempered glass. Glass may be colored, translucent or clear. It may also be engraved or figures. Tempered glass is designed to be stronger than other types of glass. If accidentally, it happens to cause it to break, the tempered glass will shatter into small round pieces. So, there is less chance to cause injury.
Cheaper plastic variants are also available for shower door. But these are less durable and highly exposed to external impacts.
Hardware & finish
Although it’s a frameless option, there is going to be some hardware included. This hardware includes the handle, the runner, the bracket that holds the glass in place. In general, hardware and fasteners are of stainless steel. But shower doors may come with more expensive metals. This hardware also comes with different finishes to match your bathroom interior design. When choosing a shower door, make sure that these hardware match faucets and showerhead.
If you fail to find the shower door hardware exactly what you’re looking for but absolutely fall in love with any shower door model, you can purchase different hardware to change its appearance.
Other Features to Consider
To improve your showering experience also looks for various features such as:
- The way the door opens
- Towel rail
What Are Frameless Shower Doors?
Simply to say, a frameless shower door is a 3/8 to 1/2inch tempered glass that doesn’t come with any support of metal framing around the glass edges.
Seamless shower door offers a clean-lined, modern look bathroom. This type of shower door is easy to clean and maintain. No frame means no mineral deposits, no dirt or soap to collect. That means a seamless shower door is more hygienic than other types.
Framed Vs Frameless Shower Door
A framed shower door features metal frame around the entire structure, including the door.
A frameless shower door doesn’t feature any metal framing around the glass.
Framed shower doors feature thinner tempered glass as the frame supports the glass. On the other hand, frameless shower doors come with thicker tempered glass as, there is no support for the glass.
|The Good- Framed Shower door||The Bad|
|Less expensive than frameless shower door||Difficult to keep clean|
|Less complicated installation||Aluminum frames may corrode|
|Fully sealed||Less attractive than frameless door|
|The Good- Frameless shower door||The Bad|
|More expensive than framed shower door||Easy to clean|
|More susceptible to water leaking||Less metal to corrode|
|More complicated installation||Clean, minimal appearance|
Frameless Vs. Semi-Framed Shower Doors
What is the difference between frameless and semi-frameless shower doors?
As mentioned earlier, frameless shower door features no metal framing around the glass except for clips on any stationary panels, handles and hinges.
On the other hand, a semi-framed shower door has metal frame around the entire structure, but there is no metal frame around the glass.
Frameless Shower Door Cost
How much does a frameless shower door cost? How much does it cost to install?
Frameless shower doors are more expensive than framed doors or typical glass door as the glass is thicker and they require special hardware. As safety is always a concern, this type of doors requires very strong nuts and bolts to hold up.
To no surprise, the installation cost of seamless shower doors is also more than a typical glass shower door and framed glass shower doors. In general, a seamless glass shower door costs twice as much as a basic, framed counterpart.
Additionally, the cost varies greatly by region. However, the average installation cost is $1000. We’ve noted that the installation cost for a frameless shower door is as low USD 900 and as high as USD1300.
However, you can minimize the installation cost if you buy custom shower doors and install the door yourself. According to our estimator, you can save between USD200 to USD300 on your total project.
But it’s always recommended that you should hire professional to mount this heavy and expensive door.
How to Clean Frameless Glass Shower Doors
White vinegar is a great product that works wonder to remove scum from glass shower doors. If your shower door glass is dry, wet it using normal water. Take a small squeegee and clear the water from the glass. Spray the undiluted white vinegar and cover the area you need to clean. Using a non-abrasive sponge scrub the glass. Now spray regular water to remove hard water deposits.
Done! You’ve achieved a clean and sparkly glass surface.
If you struggle with hard water spots and those difficult to clean stains, you may use the best glass shower door cleaner to get the job done.
What is the best glass thickness for a frameless shower door?
In general, for frameless shower doors two thickness options are available: 3/8- inch and ½-inch.
3/8 –inch or 10mm is the minimum thickness that ensures the necessary soundness and stability of a frameless glass door.
Are Frameless Shower Doors Safe to use?
If the frameless shower door is made of tempered glass, it’s hard to break. Tempered glass is about 5 to 10 times stronger than regular glass. These glasses are also treated to reduce or avoid injury in case it happens to break. For 10 mm (3/8 inch) or higher thick glass the risk is less.
Who makes the best frameless shower doors?
Some market leader for manufacturing frameless shower doors are: Woodbridge, Dreamline, Mecor, SUNNY, Basco, Kohler, Aston, Vigo.
To bring the oasis vibe to your bathroom, a frameless glass shower door is unbeatable.
Now that you know the 10 best frameless shower doors of the present time, complete your dream bathroom with any of this.