When it comes to protecting your valuables as well as documents in the event of a fire, nothing beats fire-resistant safe. Especially if you’re located close to hazardous areas or materials known to cause fires, having a fire-resistant safe is a must.
But searching for the best fireproof wall safes is sometimes a difficult task.
The market is over flooded with numerous options from various brands. Too many choices will definitely swamp you. And you’ll find many wall safes that are nothing but a metal box!
Moreover, there are too many glowing reviews and conflicting information about unreliable brands and products to make you confused.
We’re here to help you.
After investing a significant amount of time in researching and testing, we shortlisted 5 most reliable, top-rated fire resistant wall safes.
The following best fireproof wall safe reviews will help you choose the right one for your needs.
Sit back and read through.
- A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
- Here are the Best Fireproof Wall Safes in 2021
- Fireproof Wall Safe Buying Guide
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
If you’re in a rush, this quick overview lets you easily compare our picks side by side.
- Best Overall: BUYaSafe WES2113-DF: A heavy, well-built safe that features solid steel construction,3 1/16 inch heavy-duty steel door, fire-liner velvet interior, flush digital keypad, provide 30 minutes fire protection in case of a fire, and comes with 2 removable shelves.
- Best Budget: AmazonBsics YB-66YLA-F: A heavy-duty wall safe with a 2.1 cubic foot storage capacity, an electronic keypad that provides quick access in emergencies, 0.75-inch large bolts for superior security, adjustable inner shelf, can withstand 20 minutes at 1200 degrees F, and comes with one year warranty.
- Best Storage Capacity: SentrySafe EF4738E: This unit features a 4.7 cubic foot capacity, a solid steel construction, can endure 30 minutes at 1400 degrees F during a fire,72 hours in water up to 12 inches deep,4 deadbolts, and 5 live-locking bolts for security, a programmable digital lock and an easy-to-access battery compartment.
- Best Locking Mechanism: BestAMSEC WFS149: This model is UL listed for a fire rating of 1 hour, has two 0.5-inch solid steel deadbolts and 1 live-locking bolt, 1/2 inch thick composite door for security, a classic combination dial lock, and an extra-deep interior and a two-tone sage finish.
- Best for Home and Office: Steelwater AMSWEL-500: A fireproof safe rated for 2 hours at 1850 degrees F, it features a two-layer steel construction,2 rectangular locking bolts on the hinge side,4 to 16 digits combination electronic keypad, removable 1.5-inch deep drawer, one adjustable shelf, and an external battery compartment.
Here are the Best Fireproof Wall Safes in 2021
These detailed reviews of 5 best fire resistant wall safes include all the important information you need to know for making a wise buying decision.
Let’s see what each safe have to offer.
1. BUYaSafe WES2113-DF Fire Resistant Electronic Wall Safe
Key Features at a Glance
- 3/16″ steel door and flange
- Fire-liner velvet interior
- Flush digital keypad
- Keyhole cover for key override
- Two removable shelves
Here’s an excellent fire resistant electronic wall safe from BUYaSafe brand. This safe will hold all your valuables providing you reliable burglary and fire protection.
This is a heavy, well-built safe. The solid steel construction ensures that it withstands all the attacks from the hand tool. The 3/16-inch heavy-duty, solid steel door and flange provides extra protection.
WES2113-DF wall safe is designed to be installed between two 16″wall studs. Of course, you can install it at any height on the interior wall.
Moreover, it features concealed hinges that mount with lag bolts from the inside. So, ripping it out of the wall is extremely difficult. It’s worth noting that there is no outside edges or handles that could be used to pry the door open.
This wall safe requires a combination to access it. Furthermore, the keypad features a hidden lock that requires a special key. And it would be really hard to duplicate the key.
What’s more, the keypad is flush with a flange. So, you can hang a photo frame over the safe to conceal it from view.
So, what about its fire-rating?
Well, the fire lines of this unit provides 30 minutes fire protection for valuables stored inside the safe.
Finally, it comes in a lovely beige color that certainly makes it look impressive indeed.
To conclude, BUYaSafe WES2113-DF electronic wall safe is an excellent choice for office or home use to protect high- priority items from burglary and fire.
- Feels very solid
- Very smooth door mechanism
- Easy to program
- Convenient and quick access
- You may need to hire a contractor or a handyman for the installation.
- Internal Dimensions- 5-5/8 x 12 x 19-1/4 in. (L x W x H)
- External Dimensions- 8 x 13-5/8 x 20-3/4 in. (L x W x H)
- Item Weight – 49 pounds
- Color- Beige
- Body Construction – Heavy-duty solid steel
- Warranty -1 year
2. AmazonBasics YB-66YLA-F Fire Resistant Box Safe
Key Features at a Glance
- Complies with modified UL 72 Standard
- 5 large 0.75-inch bolts
- Electronic keypad
- Adjustable inner shelf
- Includes back-up key for emergency use
The AmazonBasics YB-66YLA-F is undoubtedly one of the most reliable fire-resistant safes on the market. And it’s definitely a good buy for anybody who is looking for a wall safe to protect digital media and other high-priority item from theft and fire.
This wall safe complies with UL 72 Standard (modified) for fire resistance test. Your documents and valuables inside the safe will be intact for 20 minutes at 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. And it’s tested by Intertek.
Moreover, the electronic keypad provides easy and quick access in an emergency. Of course, it includes the back-up key for emergency use.
When it comes to construction, the 14-gauge body construction makes it heavy-duty and durable to keep your valuables safe from theft. Not only that, it comes with five 0.75 inches large bolts to ensure superior security.
But, there is much more..
The 2.1-cubic-foot capacity provides ample space to keep and safeguard your important papers, jewelry, and other personal possessions. Additionally, the adjustable shelf helps to organize smaller and larger items inside.
It’s worth noting that this AmazonBasics fire resistant safe comes with a one-year warranty. So it’s definitely a good buy for the person who needs peace of mind and an important layer of protection.
Overall, for the price you can’t beat it.
- Ruggedly built and heavy-duty
- Super security from theft
- Long-lasting performance
- Reliable protection
- Quick and easy access
- Affordable price
- Requires one 9V battery (not included)
- Internal Dimensions- 15.2″ x 9.6″ x 24.4″ (L x W x H)
- External Dimensions- 16.9″ x 13.8″ x 26.0″ (L x W x H)
- Item Weight – 90 pounds
- Body Construction – 14-gauge heavy-duty steel
- Warranty – Limited 1-year
3. SentrySafe Fireproof Waterproof Safe, EF4738E
Key Features at a Glance
- California DOJ certified gun safe
- Four deadbolts & five live-locking bolts
- Steel construction & thicker door
- Programmable digital lock
- Bolt down hardware
- Easy-to-access battery compartment
- Carpeted floor for interior protection
You don’t need to be worried about destroying your high-priority items in water or fire accident. SentrySafe EF4738E provides a simple but reliable solution to your valuables you are looking for!
EF4738E wall safe can endure 30 minutes at 1400-degree F during the event of a fire. If you’re concerned about protection against water damage, no worry! This bad boy will protect your items 72 hours in water up to 12 inches deep.
But this is not the end!
The solid steel construction along with a thicker door prevents accidental loss and protect your important items against theft. It also has four deadbolts and five live-locking bolts for added security.
Moreover, this versatile unit allows you set your own digital combination for strong security.
When it comes to size, it’s a GIANT safe with 4.7 cubic foot capacity! It’s perfect for holding a number of valuables and documents you want to protect.
If you are in search of a fire-resistant safe which provides you with a bit more space, consider this EF4738E 4.71 cubic foot SentrySafe EF4738E.
All in all, to preserve your valuables and records with added security, you shouldn’t miss this ETL verified wall safe.
- Heavy-duty protection
- Excellent security from water and fire
- Extra-large capacity
- Durable and reliable
- Heavy due to large size and solid construction
- Expensive for the budget-conscious buyer
- Internal Dimensions -11.7 x 19.4 x 35.7 in. (L x W x H)
- External Dimensions- 19 x 21.7 x 37.7 in. (L x W x H)
- Item Weight – 176 pounds
- Water Protection- 72 hours of protection up to 12 inches deep
- Color- Black
- Body Construction-Solid steel
- Warranty-Limited lifetime
4. AMSEC WFS149 Wall Safe
Key Features at a Glance
- Combination dial lock
- Side locking bolt mechanism
- Extra deep interior
- One convenient pullout tray
- One (1) convenient drawer lock
- Key operated side-locking mechanism
- Two-tone Sage finish
AMSEC WFS149 wall safe is a fantastic option when looking to hide and protect your valuables from both burglary and fire.
For those who don’t know, AMSEC (American Security Products) has been one of the top brands of wall safes for the last 80 years. Their wall safes are well-known for the perfect combination of features and quality. And this WFS149 AMSEC fireproof wall safe is no different.
In terms of fire resistance, WFS149 is UL listed and tested for a fire rating of 1 hour. And the inside temperature will never exceed 350° F
Moreover, it has two ½ in. solid steel deadbolts and one live locking bolt on the hinge side. Thus, it provides hidden protection for documents and miscellaneous valuables during a pry attack.
Additionally, the 1/2″ thick, composite fire door adds another level of pry security. Of course, the recesses design lets you hang a picture frame over it to conceal the safe underneath. Importantly, the classic combination dial lock performs reliably and it’s simple to use.
Finally, the extra-deep interior with one drawer shelf allows you to organize all your valuables conveniently. It also comes with the standard installation hardware.
AMSEC WFS149 fire-rated wall safe is certainly worth a closer look if you want ample storage capacity, best security and fire rating for the price.
- Heavy-duty and well-built
- Smooth mechanism on the key and dial
- Easy to install and use
- Come with the installation hardware
- Attractive looking
- Due to the extra deep interior, you need to make sure the wall have the depth available to install it.
- Internal Dimensions- 14 x 8½ x 10-5/8 in. (L x W x H)
- External Dimensions-19 1/8 x 13 1/2 x 15 3/4 in. (L x W x H)
- Item Weight- 106 pounds
- Body Construction- ½-in. steel
- Warranty- 1-year (limited)
5. Steelwater Fireproof Home and Document Safe, AMSWEL-500
Key Features at a Glance
- Electronic keypad
- Non-volatile memory
- Two active and two stationary locking bolts
- Four reprogrammable (4 to 16) digit combinations
- Removable 1.5-in. deep drawer/ tray
- One adjustable shelf
- External battery compartment
Steelwater AMSWEL-500 is one of the best fireproof document safe for home and office. It has some useful features that make it great for keeping protected any documents or valuables from fire and intruder.
First of all, the two-layer of steel construction makes it extremely heavy-duty and fireproof. The outer layer is 20 gauge and the inner layer is 22 gauge. And there is a concrete/ fireproofing mixture poured in between.
Moreover, it offers superior fire protection. It’s KSG 4500 fire tested (S. Korean version of the UL testing) and rated for 2 hours at 1850° F (1010° c)
Additionally, it has two active and two stationary Rectangular Locking Bolts on Hinge Side which resist prying and keeps your valuables safe from burglary.
Another useful feature is its 4 to 16 digits combination electronic keypad. It’s a great choice if you frequently need to change passwords. The external battery compartment is also a nice touch.
If you’re looking for a quite heavy and fire-rated safe that’s easy to use, this Steelwater AMSWEL-500 safe should be your key consideration.
- Smooth opening and closing
- Strong and heavy-duty
- Very easy to operate
- Easy to re-program
- Not waterproof
- No key entry
- Internal Dimensions- 12 1/8 x 9 3/8 x 15 in.(L x W x H)
- External Dimensions- 16 3/4 x 13 3/4 x 19 1/4″ (L x W x H)
- Item Weight- 115 pounds
- Body Construction – 2 Layers of steel (steel inner walls and door)
- Warranty- Limited Lifetime
Fireproof Wall Safe Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a wall safe to protect your valuables from fire, you’ll find ”the good, the bad and the ugly” options. So, choosing the right fireproof wall safe is a challenging task.
When considering the best fire-resistant safe to buy for your office or home, there is much more to take into considerations.
But, the question is where to start in choosing a fire-rated model?
No worry! These guidelines will help you a lot in this regard.
Consider the following factors:
Why spend your hard earned cash on a model that won’t protect your high-value items during a fire?
Fire ratings should be one of the top considerations when buying a fireproof model. Take into account the duration rated for fire resistance.
A fire-resistant model can resist smoke and heat 30 to 150 minutes. Some models can withstand heat up to 1000-degrees Fahrenheit for two hours to keep your items inside safe.
So, what fire- rating is best to protect your high-value items?
We recommend going for a model with a CERTIFIED fire rating of minimum one hour.
It’s worth noting that in case typical business or home fire incident, a model having less than one-hour fire rating won’t provide adequate protection for your paperwork and more delicate items.
Also, check the fire seal that you’ll find on the safe door. It’s an essential part of a reliable fire rating. One additional benefit of the fire seal is that it expands over the space between the frame and door of the cabinet. Thus it seals out smoke and fire and keeps water from entering inside the cabinet if the water is sprayed on the safe during a fire accident.
Don’t forget to check to make sure the fireproof model you’re planning to buy resists other elements too.
Not all fireproof safes are created equally.
First, check out the construction of the unit and thickness of the metal. Door construction also matters. Quality construction is a must to protect your valuables from fire and burglary.
You shouldn’t depend on a low-end, cheap thin metal construction. The chances are that the low-end model features thin metal bodies made from thin gauge steel. A standard screwdriver or hammer may easily break such type of poor-quality cabinet.
However, the better choice is a fire- & burglar rated composite fire safe. We recommend you to choose a high-security TL rated model, which are designed to protect your high-value items against both fires and burglar attacks.
Sizes/ Capacity of Safe
Are you confused to buy the right size safe for your documents and valuables?
But it’s simple. Just think about your need, the sizes and amount of your items you plan to store in it. Also keep in consideration the value of the things you expect to store in your cabinet in future.
Fireproof or fire-resistant models come in different sizes and styles. Small units fit any small area due to its compact design. But they won’t offer you much room inside. For large size valuables or electronics consider a large size cabinet.
What type of lock is better for a fire-rated model? Electronic or touch keypads, dial lock, biometric or others?
Fireproof safes come with different locking options.
Biometric safes use fingerprint technology to protect your belongings. Touch keypad lets you create your PINs. Dual lock requires both a combination lock and key to open the cabinet.
No matter which locking system you prefer, make sure it allows you to have a backup unlocking option.
So that in case you forget the PINs or the batteries are dead, you will be able to use the backup spare keys to retrieve your belongings.
All of the above-reviewed best fireproof wall safes offer vastly divergent fire and burglary protection.
These fire-rated wall safes are heavy-duty and secure enough to give you peace of mind from forced entry attempts. They are also tough enough to provide adequate fire protection to your valuables. Moreover, they’re versatile to fit everyone’s needs.
So, pick any of these best fire protected wall safes from our list and lock your high-priority items inside to keep them secured.