Would you like to find the best bottom load water dispenser to buy in 2023?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Bottom load variations are easy to use and great for homes or small offices.
Unfortunately, there are hundreds of options available on the market. Unreliable reviews make it more overwhelming to decide on the right product. But we’ve done all the hard work and finally shortlisted 10 top-selling water dispensers.
Here are our best bottom loading water dispenser reviews of the ten exclusive options.
In a hurry? check the top picks
Best Bottom Loading Water Dispensers
- Best Overall: Avalon A3BLOZONEWTRCLR Limited Edition Self Cleaning: This unit features 3 temperature settings, a built-in nightlight, an empty bottle indicator, comes with a removable drip tray, and an advanced self-cleaning feature that purifies and sanitizes it automatically.
- Best Self Cleaning: Brio CLBL520SC: This model features tri-temp settings, anti-bacterial splash plate, triple faucets, stainless steel water reservoirs, error notification lights, holds 3-5 gallon water bottles, and comes with a built-in child safety lock.
- Best Budget: Avalon A4BLWTRCLR: A bottom-loading water dispenser featuring 3 temperature settings, a stainless steel cabinet, a built-in nightlight, an empty bottle indicator, and a child safety lock to keep your kid safe from burns.
- Best Home Water Dispenser: Primo 601090-SO 1 Spout Self-Sanitizing: A water dispenser with an easy bottom-loading design, 3 temperature settings, self-sanitizing feature, stainless steel water reservoirs, self-sanitizing technology, and a year’s limited warranty.
- Best User-Friendly: hOmelabs Home Office Bottoms Loading Dispenser: A stylish and highly functional water dispenser with 3 temperature settings, LED night light, stainless steel housing that makes it durable, an intuitive control panel, and a child safety lock.
- Best Hot and Cold Only: Primo 601088: A 2-spout bottom loading water dispenser with 2 temperature settings, stainless steel water reservoirs, loads a 3-5 gallon water bottle, and has a child-resistant safety feature.
- Best for home office: Costaway 23358-CYPE: This model boasts 2 temperature settings, has 2 spouts, can produce 1L of cold water and 3.3l of hot water every hour, is user-friendly, and comes with an extra-large drip tray and a child safety lock.
- Best Build Quality: Whirlpool 8LIECH SC SSS 5L W: A beautifully designed water dispenser that features a 5th generation bottom loading system, full stainless steel front, 6th sense self-cleaning technology, empty bottle LED indicator, and a durable water pump.
- Best Value: Hamilton Beach Bottom Loading Water Dispenser: This unit features 3 temperature settings, loads a 3-5-gallon water bottle, has easy to operate push-button controls, nightlight, empty bottle indicator light, built-in child-resistant lock, and comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Best Performance: Dekchokdee Stainless Steel/Black: This unit features a 2.0 compressor system, uses harmless self-sanitize technology to sanitize tanks, is energy efficient, and comes with an indicator light and LED night light.
1. Avalon A4BLWTRCLR Bottom Loading Water Cooler Water Dispenser
- Three temperature settings
- Sleek, stylish stainless steel cabinet
- Built-in nightlight
- Empty-bottle indicator
- Removable drip tray
- Child safety-lock on the hot water spout
- UL/ Energy Star Approved
Do you want to customize your drinking experience to hot, cold and room water from your water dispenser?
We thought so, and so did Avalon.
Avalon water dispenser A4BLWTRCLR offers a choice of 3 consistent water temperatures- room, cold and hot water. The unit features a highly efficient compressor that helps to provide crisp and ice cold water. You don’t need to add ice cubes to your drink! On the other hand, this bad boy offers hot water which is hot enough to make coffee, tea or any hot beverage.
The convenient push-button spouts and temperature button of choice enhances its usability. Of course, there is a child lock on the hot water faucet that let you and your children use the unit safely.
Furthermore, Avalon A4BLWTRCLR features a stylish, stainless steel exterior that will fit into many different decors into your kitchen or office.
One of the nice features of this Avalon bottom loading water cooler is its built-in nightlight. The nightlight is perfect for late night use making the spouts visible in the dark.
Finally, it’s UL certified and Energy Star approved.
- Sleek, stylish design
- Superior quality
- Quiet in all modes
- Stable and easy to load
- Water speed is slow when dispensing
2. Avalon A3BLOZONEWTRCLR Limited Edition Self Cleaning Water Cooler Dispenser
Avalon also offers you another excellent water cooler dispenser. It is Avalon Self Cleaning Limited Edition water dispenser, A3BLOZONEWTRCLR.
Like A4BLWTRCLR bottom loading water dispenser, this model also has three temperature settings-crisp cold, cool, or piping hot. Moreover, it features built-in nightlight and an empty-bottle indicator. There is also a removable drip tray to catch any drips or spills.
Of course, this model complies with all standards of Energy Star and is UL approved. The hot water spout features a child safety lock to ensure a worry-free use if you have pet or child in your home.
So, how does it differ from Avalon A4BLWTRCLR? Let’s make it clear.
Firstly, Avalon Limited Edition water cooler dispenser comes with advanced self-cleaning feature. So, it purifies and sanitizes the unit automatically to prevent the accumulation of harmful bacteria and germs for your safety.
But Avalon A4BLWTRCLR doesn’t have this feature.
Secondly, the Avalon Limited Edition is expensive than Avalon A4BLWTRCLR, but it’s worth every penny.
3. Brio CLBL520SC – Best Self Cleaning Water Dispenser
Also you can buy the latest model “Brio Moderna” Self Cleaning, Tri Temp and W/Touch Dispenser Feature
- 3 temperature settings
- Temperature modes control with safety switch
- Error notification lights
- Anti-bacterial splash plate
- Triple faucet dispensing allowing simultaneous use
- Built-in child safety lock
- Food-grade stainless-steel hot tank and cooling tank
- UL/Energy Star Approved
The Brio CLBL520SC offers virtually-everything you want in the best water dispenser. The stainless steel hot and cold water reservoirs do a great job of protecting water purity, taste and product longevity. Moreover, the stainless steel accent of this unit adds an elegant and classic look in your kitchen, home or office.
The tri-temp dispensing system of this unit provides instant cold, hot and room temperature water. Thanks to its three different water spout. Of course, this free-standing dispenser accepts 3- or 5- gallon water bottle.
When it comes to safety, this bad boy has a build-in child safety lock on the hot water faucet. Moreover, the 2-step handle operation prevents accidental hot water burn making it safe for children. You can also shut off the hot water while not in use. Importantly, the shield coated anti-bacterial splash plate prevent germs and bacteria from growing around the water dispenser.
This Bio water dispenser benefits from a removable drip tray which is easy to clean. It is anti-rust and BPA free. Usefully, this dispenser features empty bottle indicator that lights up to indicate the time for bottle replacement. No need to guess when it’s time to refill!
Cleaning and maintaining the CLBL520SC is also a breeze. At the touch of a button, you can activate the self-cleaning feature. This process will disinfect all the internal components and the water holding tank and lines by killing the bacteria.
Overall, Brio self-cleaning water dispenser is outstanding value for the money.
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Convenient to use
- Accepts 3- or 5-gallon water bottles
- Easy refilling of water bottles
- Perfect water temperature
- Reasonably priced
- It is not silent but not very loud either.
4. Best Home Water Dispenser – Primo 601090-SO, 1 Spout
- Easy bottom loading design
- Three temperature settings
- Self-Sanitizing feature
- Stainless steel water reservoirs
- Removable, stainless steel drip tray
- Child-resistant safety lock
- Energy Star Rated plus UL Certified
If you’re looking for best home water dispenser with single spout, then this Primo 601090-So water dispenser may be just the thing you’re looking for.
This Primo water cooler dispenser can hold 3 or 5-gallon Primo water bottle. The convenient and ergonomic bottom loading design eliminates lifting the heavy weight of the bottle. Just load the container and start hydrating in no time.
What’s more, it let you enjoy cool, ice-cold or hot water in an instant with easy-to-use push-button controls. Of course, the child-resistant safety lock ensures worry-free use of the unit.
Importantly, this water dispenser always sanitizes water before it dispenses. Its self-sanitizing technology sanitizes water reservoirs and lines. And thus it offers you healthy clean water all the times.
Lastly, this Primo water dispenser sports a black and stainless steel style that will fit into many different decors whether it’s at home or office. Moreover, the stainless steel water reservoirs provide durability.
This dispenser is Energy Star and UL Certified. And it comes with a 1-Year Limited Warranty for additional peace of mind.
- Simple to use
- Easy to dispense water
- Pretty quiet operation
- Awesome design and price
- The buttons feel cheap
5. hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
- Stainless steel housing accents
- LED Night Light
- Child Safety Lock
- Bottle Refill Indicator
- Removable Drip Tray
Here’s another stylish and highly functional water cooler dispenser with the tri-temp dispensing system. hOmeLabs bottom loading water dispenser is a worthy addition to your kitchen, home, lobby, office or gym.
The aesthetically pleasing appearance with stainless steel door adds a classic accent to any home or office décor. The design and size fit any space in your home and make it a worthwhile investment. Of course, stainless steel housing enhances its durability.
This all-season water dispenser allows you to choose between cold, hot and room temperature water. The cold water is as cold as the water you’d get from your refrigerator. On the other hand, the hot water is scalding hot. Importantly, there is a safety lock to prevent accidental pressing of the hot water button.
Operating this unit is straightforward. The intuitive control panel makes the unit user-friendly. The LED night light helps you to use it at night time. Additionally, the refill bottle indicator informs you the need of refilling the water bottle in the reservoir.
Another nice feature offered by this instant cooler is the separate ON/OFF switches for both cold and hot water. You can use only one or both simultaneously.
hOmeLabs home office dispenser comes with a dishwasher safe drip tray. It’s easy to slide out if you need to clean it. Moreover, to clean the exterior, simply wipe down to keep it looking new all the time.
Finally, you’ll enjoy the 2-year warranty. The company also offers 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee in case you’re not happy with the product.
- Attractive, sleek appearance
- Offers greater efficiency and convenience
- Child safe and Energy-saving
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Somewhat expensive for budget-conscious people
6. Best Cheap Hot and Cold Water Cooler Dispenser – Primo 601088
- Easy bottom loading design
- Two temperature settings
- Child-resistant safety feature
- Stainless steel water reservoirs
- Removable drip tray
- Energy Star rated and UL Certified
Here’s is excellent 2 spout bottom load best hot cold water dispenser from Primo. Primo 601088 is one of the best budget water dispensers you shouldn’t miss in 2023.
Firstly, the easy bottom loading design makes this Primo bottom load water dispenser much handier while loading 3 and 5-gallon water bottle.
Primo 601088 dispenses ice-cold and piping- hot water that lets you enjoy cold beverages, hot drinks and warm meals with the push of a button. Of course, you can switch off the cooling and heating functions if desired.
Additionally, the hot water faucet includes a child-resistant safety lock that prevents inadvertent dispensing.
Furthermore, the Stainless steel water reservoirs incredibly tough and durable to lasts years after years. The stainless steel drip tray is easy to remove and dishwasher safe.
Finally, this Primo water cooler is UL certified and energy star rated and comes with a 1-Year Limited Warranty.
Overall, you won’t go wrong purchasing this budget-friendly best hot cold water dispenser.
- Perfect for a large family
- No plumbing or installation required
- Convenient and safe to use
- Extremely easy to load the water bottle
- During cooling/ heating, it makes a noise, but it isn’t overly loud
7. Costway 23358-CYPE
- 2 Temperature Settings
- Separate Hot and cold water spouts
- Child Safety Lock
- Large, removable drip tray
Costway 23358-CYPE is one of the best hot and cold water dispensers available in the market today. This unit provides near-boiling hot water (at 203 degrees F) which is excellent for instant meals and beverages.
On the other hand, it produces cold waters at 42.8℉ to 50℉ degrees F to let you relax with a cold drink on a hot day. It’s worth noting that the unit can produce 1L of cold water every hour and 3.2L of piping hot water every hour.
Of course, it has two separate switches for heating and cooling. These independently turning on/ off switches prevent the water from overheating repeatedly. It’ll undoubtedly minimize your energy consumption, making the unit significantly cost-saving.
You no longer have to worry about the accident of hot water burns. It’s a safe water dispenser with a very user-friendly security lock for child safety. Additionally, the extra-large drip tray is easy to remove for convenient cleaning.
When it comes to design, this stand-alone dispenser has an exquisite and sleek design. The black and white finish beautifully blend into any home or office décor.
- Simple and hassle-free operation
- Exquisite and elegant design
- Excellent workmanship
- Low energy consumption
- UL Approved
- Dispenses only hot and cold water
- Only accepts a 5-gallon water bottle
8. Whirlpool 8LIECH SC SSS 5L W
- 6th Sense Self-Cleaning technology
- 2 temperature settings- cold and hot
- Empty-bottle LED indicator
- Vibrant, full stainless steel front
- 5th generation bottom loading system
- Durable water pump, and water siphon
Who doesn’t love a stainless-steel look on appliances?
Whirlpool 8LIECH SC SSS 5L W is a best hot and cold bottom loading water cooler that looks great. It’ll impress everyone with its vibrant, full stainless-steel look. The stainless-steel outer also makes it easy to clean up when things get messy.
When it comes to performance, this bad boy offers chillingly cold water by using its proprietary cooling system technology. On the other hand, the hot water is kept steaming hot at all times to let you make a delicious tea. If you don’t have instant hot water dispenser, this can be a great alternative for getting hot water to make your hot meals.
Importantly, the robust construction features cold rolled steel sides, and solid steel frame that can take over 300 pounds of top weight. Moreover, it uses a powerful and strong water pump and a water siphon to suck up the remaining water effectively. It also has an unbreakable faucet.
8LIECH-SC-SSS-5L-W is an excellent self-cleaning bottom load water dispenser. It uses innovative self-cleaning technology to remove bacteria and viruses in the water. Importantly, the whirlpool water dispenser has a LED indicator to show when the self-cleaning process is activated. This indicator also manifests when the hot and cold water is at optimum temperature.
To sum up, this Whirlpool self-cleaning water dispenser is a stylish unit that does the job well enough if you need a bottom loading dispenser for hot and cold water. It’s reasonably priced and has been on the market long enough to work out its bugs.
- Innovative, attractive design
- Quiet, smooth operation
- Easy to set up and use
- Outstanding customer service
- A bit noisy at times
9. Hamilton Beach Water Dispenser
- Three temperature settings
- Food-grade stainless steel water
- Push-button controls
- Empty bottle indicator light
- Nightlight light for using in low light conditions
- Removable dishwasher-safe spill tray
- Built-in child safety lock
This water dispenser by Hamilton Beach exhibits the highest quality professional grade design and construction. In our opinion, it offers you the best value. It comes with many useful features that make it worth every penny you spend on it.
You no longer need to lift heavy water jar to your water dispenser. Thanks to its low location that makes the installation of the full 3 or 5-gallon bottle in the bottom effortless.
Hamilton Beach dispenser provides cold, hot and room temperature water. Of course, this option comes with an easy to operate push- button controls for both cold and hot tank. Importantly, the built-in child –resistant lock prevents child access to the hot water supply.
It’s also important to note that it includes an indicator light that constantly flashes when the bottle is empty. What’s more, there is a safe spill, removable dishwasher tray which is easy to clean.
Another great feature is the “LED light” which means you can use it for water dispensing in low light conditions. It’s worth noting that the Hamilton BL-8-4A comes in a contemporary white finish.
Lastly, this dispenser is Energy Star-and ETL Certified. It also comes with 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Sleek and compact design
- Ideal for contemporary and urban spaces
- Well-built and robust
- Cost and energy-efficient
- Makes a slight noise when the water is heating and cooling
10. Dekchokdee Stainless Steel/Black
- Three temperature setting
- Bottom-loading design
- Push button controls
- Child-safety feature
- Empty bottle indicator lights
This Dekchokdee comes with best-in-class features that deliver excellent performance, convenience and durability. It’s improved 2.0 compressors system ensures better performance, less electrical usage, and longer service life.
It uses harmless self-sanitize technology to sanitize the tanks and lines by killing bacteria. The stainless steel cold and hot reservoir provides odd flavors- or odors free water. Thus, this top-rated self-cleaning water cooler helps you to consume the best-tasting, purest water always.
Additionally, at the touch of a push button, this unit let you enjoy cool, piping- hot and cold water. The design features an indicator light that let you know when the bottle needs to be replaced and when the cold and hot water is ready.
Furthermore, the water dispenser has a LED nightlight with on/ off switch that makes it a great option for using in the low light conditions as well.
Finally, it comes in a stainless steel/ black finish that will look great in the kitchen, home or office.
- Look great in the home, kitchen, or office.
- Best-in-class performance
- Well-built and durable
- Less electrical usage
- Found nothing
What to Look for in a Good Bottom Load Water Dispenser
Want to know the secret of buying the best bottom load water dispenser?
Here is a candid guide on how to choose the perfect bottom load water dispenser.
- Temperature setting
Consider the temperature settings of the unit. It’s an essential feature to decide on the unit. Some models offer only cool or room temperature water. Some have three different options- cold, room and hot. Different temperature settings allow you to choose the right one for your preferred drink.
- Self-cleaning feature
Bottom load water dispenser with filter needs a little extra care in between uses.
Undoubtedly, having the self -leaning feature to your water dispenser is a great plus. This feature is definitely an advantage that will make you worry-free about maintenance.
- Child Safety feature
Most of the models offer hot water that tends to be extremely hot and certainly a risk for children if they accidentally press the hot faucet button. So, if your water dispenser provides hot water, make sure that there is a safety-child- lock. This feature will ease the worry about children getting hot water.
Buying a water dispenser whether it be top loading or bottom loading is definitely an investment. Make sure that the unit comes with warranty. In general, bottom load dispensers come with a 1-year warranty and guarantee from the factory.
Finally, don’t forget to check the Energy Start ratings and other important certifications of the unit before making your final decision.
For home or small office use, probably a bottom loading water dispenser is the best choice. These water dispensers offer all the benefits of a top load dispenser without any major shortcomings.
Benefits of using the bottom load water dispenser
A water dispenser is a great solution for those who don’t want to spend effort and time.
Prevents back injuries as you don’t have to do all extra lifting to load the water bottle/ jar that comes along with top load water dispenser
Makes use of space as bottom load dispenser are compact in design and the jar is loaded into the base
Easy to set up and access- you don’t need extra effort to install the bottle, and it let you enjoy clean water with just push of a button
Fits into different home decor-as the water jar is right inside the bottom cabinet, the unit won’t lose its aesthetic appeal with a clunky bottle.
We’ve considered 95+ models and devoted a great deal of time to on testing those water dispensers. And finally explored these top 10 models reviewed above.
All of these short-listed models are excellent in terms of quality, functionality, appearance and of course price.
We think you should give any of these 10 best bottom load water dispensers a try.
Thanks for reading our comprehensive best bottom loading water dispenser reviews.